Monday, September 14, 2009

Succumbing to Emotions


Greed & Fear are the two most influential factors that can have PROFOUND effect in the outcome of anyone's trades.

Emotions can certainly cloud whatever trading rules that I've worked real hard to implant in my head, in one fleeting moment.

A good example is the chart that I've attached here.

Small pinbar size, loads of traffic - really, this pair did not have much elbow room to go, given the puny size of the PA with respect to the nearby bar size.

To top it off, I placed my stop in the middle of the PA bar (just above the big round number), just so that I can eke out a reasonable R:R ratio......

.......yes, I was also getting a bit greedy....

You know, I need to keep on reminding myself that we can't force the market to give what we want. We can only receive what the market wants to give.

And so I took this trade.....and, ....lost.

Luckily the loss did not do much damage to my account, but I think it's worth to at least expand on the reasons why it was a crappy trade to begin with - just so that I can learn from my own mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment