Friday, October 9, 2009

Strategy Review

My trend trades (those that were based on trend lines) have not been performing well lately. I need to stop taking such trades for now and review my entry requirements - maybe even do a bit of tweaking here and there.

My assessment is that I am taking a lot of "B" or C" grade trend trades, instead of gunning for "A" trades. It means that I need to go back to my cave and do a bit of research on this.

Yes, it's all about being extra picky. Being picky helps in this business!

I will still continue to take trades that are based on horizontal Support & Resistance lines, as I'm already quite comfortable with it.

On another note, I am also expanding my trading tool box to include trading in shorter time frames (5 & 15 minutes). I am now doing some research on it - will probably paper trade them next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment