Saturday, October 24, 2009

Taking a Break

I've been busy in the past few days.

No, not in active trading but rather....actively learning and researching new twists and approaches that I could use, in order to add to my trading arsenal.

All this while I've always traded based on single bar price action off major horizontal support & resistance lines.

Nothing wrong with that......but sometimes waiting for the right setup can be as exciting as watching paint dry.

You see, my own psych is such that I'd like to have several tools that I can use at my disposal, so that I can respond appropriately to the prevailing market conditions.

Since there's no such thing as "one tool for all market occasions", what better way to address this shortcoming than to simply learn and research things out, no?

I am targetting to complete my little "lab work" by the end of next week. I hope to have a few strategies in place by then.

Then, I'll forward-test them and tweak them as I go along.

Well, that's the plan. Will post once I have something useful to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment