Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bruce Lee

Who doesn't know him - arguably one of the greatest martial artists that have walked on this earth.

Besides his skills & strengths, he also had a couple of famous quotes that still resonate with me, even after he has been long gone.

Here are some of those that I like:

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves."

"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."

Strange as it may seem, I do find that the above quotes CAN BE applied to trading as well.

Instead of trying to learn 10,000 different trading styles all at once, why not just pick one or two and become REAL good at them, before moving on to another trading system? Hell, maybe you just need that one or two trading approaches to make a living, no?

And if the trading style is adaptable to whatever the market condition dishes out at you, so much the better!

Just like water, my friend!

Certainly something to chew upon, since I could not find any trading setup today (that's why I'm ranting now, which is not something that I normally do....)




No comments:

Post a Comment