Thursday, June 18, 2009

FOREX Seminars & Courses

I was recently asked whether or not I've attended any of the FOREX seminars or courses.

The short answer is YES. After all, it's a great way to shorten your learning curve.

Besides attending seminars (I attended two of them), I also bought a couple of educational resources on FOREX from the Internet, as I was always looking for ways to imptove my trading skills.

I also surf many online Forums as well, besides reading up on a whole bunch of FOREX-related info that is freely available on the Internet.

There are a few places over the net that can provide GOOD info on FOREX, totally free of charge (yes, free IS good).

One of the best online resource is at babypips.com. There's just TONS of solid stuff in there that I doubt you can cover them all in one day!

If you're new to FOREX, I highly recommend that you pore over the information that is available there. No need to spend thousands of dollars on seminars or other expensive online courses.

Does that mean that seminars are useless?

No. But what I'm saying is that you would be in a better position to judge whether a particular seminar would do you good, once you have already covered the FOREX basics.

For one thing , you already know what questions you want to ask during their "preview" sessions. You can get a lot of info about what you can expect from such seminars, simply by asking the right questions and listening to their responses.

If they are somewhat evasive or too overly guarded in their responses, that should trigger some alarm bells in your head.

Another tell-tale sign of scam would be the outrageous victory claims (I made $50,000 in a day!) ......there's just too much hype nowadays that it pays to be a bit skeptical.

But the ultimate way to judge is to ask those who have already attended such seminars/courses, if you can get hold of them.

Another thing is to lower your expectation - do not expect that you can be a FOREX guru after you're done with that seminar! Treat the seminars as part of another step (instead of "the only seminar that you'll ever need!" hype) in your quest to become a proficient trader.

There's simply no finish line in this business. Every trading day is a learning day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment