Monday, June 29, 2009

News Trading

Many of my friends trade based on news. This is not surprising, as news can definitely move price in a huge, huge way.

There is a lot of money that can be make, if you make the right call.

I must confess....I am not good at news trading, as I am basically a technical analysis guy.

All my backtestings were done based solely on what price had done in the past.

That said, I do take note on Interest Rate news, as well as Non-Farm Payroll announcements.....I would not want to enter my trades during these times, as the market can be quite crazy during these times.

Also, the spread can be quite big - so I see no reason why I should enter any new trades during these volatile times.

This is not to say that one cannot profit from news play - it's just that I personally do not employ this strategy in my trades.

I am basically quite content trading with just the price action at important support & resistance areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment